Procedure For Purchasing a Weapon
Purchasing weapons in the UAE
The following procedures must be adhered to when buying a weapon:
- Having selected a weapon, complete the form which will be provided by the participating weapons company at ADIHEX and attach 2 photographs, a copy of Khulasa and a copy of your passport.
- Obtain the approval from the Weapons Licensing Office bringing all the documents below:
- The Original passport and a photocopy
- The Original labor card and a photocopy
- The Original family book and a photocopy
- The Original Emirates identity card and photocopy
- The Original certificate of good conduct from Abu Dhabi Police. For more information, please
call 800 555
- Certificate of Weapon Proficiency (for non-military people)
You may obtain the approval/permit from the Weapons Licensing Department as follows:
Before the show days at the Weapons Licensing Department, in order to receive the purchased weapon during the show days, you may apply for the permit in the Weaponry Licensing Department from 17th August 2016 up to 15th September 2016.
Apply onsite during the show days in the Weapons Licensing Office BUT (receiving your purchased weapon may not be 100% guaranteed during the show days), Paying the required amount to the company. In case the license is rejected, the full amount shall be refunded.
- The Weapons Licensing Office will receive the weapon from the
exhibiting company and the exhibition organizers after the closing of the
exhibition and will finalize the licensing procedure and deliver the
weapon to the new owner.
- The weapons that will be mentioned on the end user certificate
will strictly be identical to those coming to the event. There
won’t be any exception by the Abu Dhabi Police.
Apart from UAE Nationals, GCC and other countries are not allowed to
purchase weapons onsite.
Procedure for buying/selling knives, bows and arrows
- Knives, bows and arrows must be handed to the buyer outside the exhibition hall while leaving the exhibition. There will be a collection point at the exit of the hunting guns hall.
- Under no circumstances should the knives, bows & Arrows be handed over to the buyer inside the halls - the buyer should collect the item purchased once leaving the exhibition.
- Buyers between the age of 18 – 20 years old must be accompanied by a parent guardian when purchasing knives or bows and arrows.
- It is strictly prohibited to sell knives, bows and arrows to anyone under 18 years old.
For CITES enquiries:
Mobile: +971 50 6688627