Recommendations of the Federal Environmental Agency with regards to the selling and purchase of animals and their derivatives:
ADIHEX complies with the recommendations of the Federal Environmental Agency (Cites Management Authority in the UAE) and Federal Law No. (11) of 2002 concerning Regulation and Control of International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, and particularly the articles (25, 26, 27, 28, and 29) of this law. The recommendations are as follows:
- Not to exhibit animals, plants or their derivatives (alive or Taxidermic displays) that do not hold CITES Certificates or Permits (such as Houbara Bustard, Houbara lures, skins and other hunting trophies).
- Not to import live CITES- listed species or their derivatives before obtaining Import Certificates (from the Federal Environmental Agency for Abu Dhabi Emirate or the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries for the northern Emirates- Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Um Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Al Fujairah).
- Not to import CITES- listed species or their derivatives before obtaining Export Certificates from the CITES authorities concerned with CITES implementation in the exporting countries.
- Not to give away falcons in the raffle draws during the exhibition before getting them initially registered and approved by the UAE CITES Office present at the exhibition.
- Please note that delivering a falcon without notifying the CITES Office will hamper transferring it to a new owner, or delay exporting / re-exporting it, until the necessary documents are obtained.
- When transferring a falcon to a new owner, the old owner should givethe new owner a copy of the falcon’s Birth Certificate or the falcon’s Export Certificate issued from the country of origin.
For CITES enquiries:
Mobile: +971 50 668 8627